Our training course will give you the knowledge and understanding needed to support parents with children under 11. It takes about 10-15 weeks to complete and during this time you’ll need to attend 3 workshop days before completing a final portfolio. You will also be expected to gain 30 hours experience of working with families with under 11s.
During the course, we will look at the following topics together:
- Section 1: Child Development
- Section 2: Constructs of a Family
- Section 3: Parenting Styles
- Section 4: Supporting Parents
- Section 5: Children’s Self-esteem and Communication
- Section 6: Children with SEN or Disability
Having completed the course, you’ll be well equipped to help parents negotiate the primary years with confidence.
For more information or to find out when the next course is taking place, please contact us.